Almost since last two thousand years, ginger is used as an Ayurveda medicine in different countries of the world. Indian use ginger as a spice. In India, we often do self-medication using allopathy medicine in case of digestion problem, cough & cold, etc. This self-medication for long days may have a severe impact on health. So ginger can be used for several cases for prevention and cure some disease. It has a negligible side effect if taken carefully maintaining dose. Overdose may have some side effect like heartburn, irritations, stomach discomfort, etc. So Top 8 benefits of ginger are given below:
Ginger improves the digestive system:
Ginger contains phenol compounds which improve the digestive system. Ginger increase secretion from Salivary glands. This helps faster movement of the chewed food product inside the GI tract. Ginger increase secretion of Trypsin, Pancreatic, Lipase, etc. enzyme which significantly improves the digestive system as well as appetite.
Ginger prevent and cure a common cough and cold:
- Ginger contains antioxidants which help to prevent communicative diseases. It cures a common cough and cold. To cure pharyngitis ginger is very much effective. It has antimicrobial or antibacterial properties. Hence it helps to cure a common cough and cold, flu, and different type of minor respiratory tract infection.
- 3 gms of the dry ginger duct to be soaked in warm water then that ginger soaked water to be taken with honey to get the above benefits. To know more about Cough and cold please the article on Home remedies of cough and cold for babies.
- Any type of inflammation in bone and muscle can be reduced by using dry ginger dust. Ginger is Ayurvedic anti-inflammatory. It is found to be effective for joint stiffness, joint pain, degenerative joint disease, etc.
- To get the above benefits dry ginger dust to be mixed with sesame oil and cinnamon and these paste used topically on the affected area.
- Boiled water with 2 gm of dry ginger dust with honey shall be taken for the same.
- Ginger tea is beneficial for arthritis.
Ginger Controls Cholesterol
In an experiment, it was observed that if 1 gm of dry ginger dust is boiled and then the warm water is taken on daily basis, it reduces cholesterol. Same way it reduces triglycerides.
Ginger Reduces Blood Sugar
It is observed that the daily consumption of dry ginger dust soaked water reduces blood glucose level.
Ginger Cure Constipation
Several study found dry ginger dust can be effective to cure constipation.
Ginger Prevents Cancer
Ginger contains gingerol antioxidant, vitamin C and vitamin B and several minerals. But these are available in raw ginger and destroyed in heat. Daily consumption of raw ginger paste prevents breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer, pancreas cancer, etc. During chemotherapy during treatment, a cancer patient may have vomiting tendency. In this case, 500 mg of ginger with lemon juice and salt help to reduce the vomiting tendency.
Ginger Improve Brain Activity and Prevent Alzheimer
Different research on ginger shows that it can improve brain performance and Alzheimer disease.
Despite emerging allopathy treatment system, Indian traditional herbs have a place in every Indian’s heart. Because benefits of ginger are time-tested. But as herbs have some limitation too, It is not being used widely. However, wise use traditional herbs (By consulting authorized personnel only) can save us from the side effect of Allopathy medicine. Hope the article on Top 8 benefits of ginger will benefit you.