- The digestive system does not work properly so the body is not getting required nutrient.
- Bad or inadequate food intake. Irregularity with respect to time of eating.
- Tuberculosis, cancer, etc diseases.
- Disorder in secretion from the thyroid gland.
- Depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc.
- The nonscientific way of weight management.
Things to be considered for the preparation of the diet chart of a lean person:
- High-calorie quality food (easy digestive) is needed to increase the weight of a lean person.
- Good quality protein is needed from fish, meat, egg, milk, etc. to generate new cells which will help to heal the body organs. This will help to improve the performance of the body system.
- High calorie as well as easy digestive food like margarine, butter, cream, etc. Oily over fried food, animal fat, etc. should be taken.
- Quality carbohydrate food like dry food, nuts, food grains, jam, jelly, etc.
- Along with green vegetables, high carbohydrates contained vegetables like kuchu, potato, etc. should be eaten.
- The quantity of food and eating frequency to be increased.
- Between two heavy meals fruit, vegetable soup, chicken soup, etc. should be taken.
- A limited amount of Cutlets, cheeps, cold drinks, ice cream, etc can be taken if the person can digest it.
Basic principles for the preparation of diet chart for a lean person:
Diet of a lean person should contain high calorie, quality protein, and fat. Details are as follows:
- Calorie: Calorie requirement of a lean person depends on the activity level of the person. Diet chart of the person shall contain at least 500 kcal more calorie than the requirements.
- Carbohydrate: Quality carbohydrate contained and easy digestive food shall be part of the diet chart. Kuchu, Potato, banana, etc can be eaten.
- Protein: For every Kg of body weight 1.2 gm protein is needed, that protein also shall be from quality food source like fish, meat, boiled egg, milk, water-soaked gram, etc. A good quality protein supplement also can be preferred.
- Fat: Easy digestive fat both omega 3 and omega 6 should be preferred take in more quality. But fried item and animal fat shall be avoided.
- Vitamin and mineral: Diet shall be designed in such a way all the vitamins and minerals requirement of the body can be fulfilled.
- Water: Sufficient amount of water shall be taken. Do not take a large amount of water at a time. Take a little amount of water frequently.
Diet chart for a lean person:
A lean fellow should take food at least of 2700 Kcal from quality food. 80 gm and 70 gm of protein and fat respectively shall be taken from the daily diet. A chart is tabulated below:
Name of the food product
|A daily amount of food product|
|Food grains||250 gm||300 gm|
|Pulses||100 gm||50 gm|
|Root vegetable||50 gm||75 gm|
|Other vegetables||50 gm||50 gm|
|Bread||60 gm||60 gm|
|Butter||10 gm||20 gm|
|Milk||750 ml||300 ml|
|Sugar||50 gm||50 gm|
|Oil and fat||30 gm||50 gm|
|Fruit||150 gm||250 gm|
|Fish / Meat||–||100 gm|
Distribute the above food at the different time of the day and make Time-dependent food chart. (Example provided in the link)
Following things shall be avoided by a lean person:
- Do not be in empty stomach for a long time.
- Avoid that food which is not easily digestible for you.
- If you have any health disorder or mental depression, please go to the physician or psychiatric counselor to fix it.
- Take a sufficient amount of water.
- Be mentally prepared to make good habits with respect to food, exercise, and a balanced lifestyle.
Hope this article will help you to design your diet if you are a lean fellow.