The brain is one of the most critical organs of us. Like other organs, our brain to need the care to maintain its health. We heard that Brahmi is good for the brain which helps to memorize our daily plans effectively. The relationship between food habits and Brain’s health is established by science. Today’s food habit decide your tomorrow’s brain health. Improper food habits may create disorders like Alzheimer, short-term memory, loss of intellectuality, etc. So to prevent these brain-related disorders we should develop a good food habit in well advance. Foods related to your brain threats and brain protectors are as follows.
Threats to our brain:
- Saturated fats: like animal fat, butter, cheese, cream, etc.
- Trans fat: used in processing foods like pizza, burger, etc.
- Heavy metals: Food contaminated by iron, aluminum made cooking utensils. Fish brought in the factory waste contaminated water.
- Excess copper: Excess copper may come in the water from copper made pipe for water and Copper made cooking utensils.
- Omega 3 fatty acids: Sourced from Salmon, Hilsha fish, almond, flaxseed, etc.
- Vitamin E: Nuts such as almonds, peanuts and hazelnuts, and vegetable oils such as sunflower, wheat germ, safflower, corn and soybean oils.
- Blueberries and grapes.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Vitamin B12: Eggs, milk, cheese, milk products, meat, fish, shellfish, and poultry.
For Extra power for our brain:
- Intellectual stimulation.
- Adequate sleep.