Almost since last two thousand years, ginger is used as an ayurvedic medicine in different countries of the world. Indian use ginger as a spice. In India, we often do self-medication using allopathy medicine in case of digestion problem, cough & cold, etc. This self-medication for long days may have a severe negative impact on health. So ginger can be used for several cases for prevention and cure some disease. It has a negligible side effect if taken carefully maintaining dose. Overdose may have some side effect like heartburn, irritations, stomach discomfort, etc. So Top 8 benefits of ginger are given below:
Ginger improves the digestive system:
- Ginger contains phenol compounds which improve the digestive system. Ginger increase secretion of Salivary glands. This helps the faster movement of the chewed food product inside the GI tract. Ginger increase secretion of Trypsin, Pancreatic, Lipase, etc. enzyme which significantly improves the digestive system as well as appetite.
Ginger prevent and cure a common cough and cold:
- Ginger contains antioxidants which help to prevent communicative diseases. It cures a common cough and cold. To cure pharyngitis ginger is very much effective. It has antimicrobial or antibacterial properties. Hence it helps to cure a common cough and cold, flu, and different type of minor respiratory tract infection.
- 3 gms of the dry ginger duct to be soaked in warm water then that ginger soaked water to be taken with honey to get the above benefits. To know more about Cough and cold please the article on Home remedies of cough and cold for babies.
Reduce inflammation in bone and muscles:
- Any type of inflammation in bone and muscle can be reduced by using dry ginger dust. Ginger is Ayurvedic anti-inflammatory. It is found to be effective for joint stiffness, joint pain, degenerative joint disease, etc.
- To get the above benefits dry ginger dust to be mixed with sesame oil and cinnamon and these paste used topically on the affected area.
- Boiled water with 2 gm of dry ginger dust with honey shall be taken for the same.
- Ginger tea is beneficial for arthritis.
Ginger control cholesterol:
- In an experiment, it was observed that if 1gm of dry ginger dust is boiled and then that warm water is taken on a daily basis, it reduces cholesterol. Same way it reduces triglyceride.
Ginger reduces blood sugar:
- It is observed that the daily consumption of dry ginger dust soaked water reduces blood glucose level.
- Dry ginger dust helps to cure constipation.
Ginger prevent cancer:
- Ginger contains gingerol antioxidant, vitamin C and vitamin B and several minerals. But these are available in raw ginger and destroyed in heat. Daily consumption of raw ginger paste prevents breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer, pancreas cancer, etc. During chemotherapy during treatment, a cancer patient may have vomiting tendency. In this case, 500 mg of ginger with lemon juice and salt help to reduce the vomiting tendency.
Ginger improve brain activity and prevent Alzheimer:
- In different experimental studies, ginger is found to improve brain activity and Alzheimer.
Despite emerging treatment system by Allopathy medicine, Indian traditional herbs have a place in every Indian hearts. Because its benefits are time-tested. But as herbs have some limitation too, It is not being used widely. However, wise use traditional herbs (By consulting authorized physician only) can save us from the side effect of Allopathy medicine. Hope the article on Top 8 benefits of ginger will benefit you.